Sometimes, life is busy and going out for date night just isn’t practical.
The good news? Dates don’t always have to be elaborate or expensive. Here are 10 at-home date night ideas to help you rekindle the romance and keep some cash in your pocket.
10 Creative Ideas
- Eat takeout food by candlelight.
- Cook dinner together and turn it into a backyard picnic.
- Ask each other questions. Use this list of conversation starters prepared by a social psychology researcher at SUNY!
- Hold a game or puzzle night. Loser cleans up after dinner!
- Share a tasting/pairing night with new brands of your favourite foods and beverages. Try wine and cheese, beer and sausage, or scotch and chocolate!
- Create your bucket list together – the sky’s the limit.
- Camp out together in the living room all night. Extra points for building a fort!
- Plan a future vacation together. Bon voyage!
- Use YouTube to learn a new dance.
- Collaborate on a video or scrapbook for your children or extended family.
Prep Your Date Night Space
When date night’s at home, it’s important to prep your space so there’s no distractions. No time to prepare? Lighten your load and enlist some help from the professionals.
- Mow your lawn so it’s ready for your picnic blanket.
- Treat your carpets, upholstery and entire home to a deep clean.
- Set the dinner mood with dimmer switches.
- Fix your leaky faucet to avoid that distracting, “drip, drip, drip!”
When it comes to prepping your home for date night, and to tackling any of your home maintenance needs, we’ve got you covered. Visit our home page to explore our family of brands and to schedule service with a local Neighbourly professional.