We are in the age of technology. Everyday things are being invented that make life easier and improve on past technologies. Upgrade your home today with these five essential products!
- Wall-switch timers: Tired of seeing a light on in an empty room? Install wall-switch timers that automatically turn off the lights in a room after certain amount of time. Some light switches even have motion detectors that will turn off the lights if it senses no motion in the room.
- Programmable thermostat: Save money on your electric bill by automatically decreasing or increasing the temperature in your home when it is not necessary.
- Carbon monoxide detector: Carbon monoxide is a deadly gas that is odorless, colorless, and undetectable. Installing a carbon monoxide detector can help prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and keep your family safe.
- Home security system: Keep your home protected from burglaries and deter criminals with a security system. Some insurance companies will even lower premiums for installing a security system.
- Double-paned windows: Cut your heating and cooling costs by reducing energy that escapes through your windows by using double-paned windows to create another layer of insulation.
Have any other great tips on ways to upgrade your home? Let us know in the comment section!